Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda brute 2600, it hasn't been in use for years…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda brute 2600, it hasn't been in use for years but is in appearance in excellent condition, the instructions say to connect water and purge air before starting machine however I am getting no water flow and uncertain why.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Was hoping too

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't just don't understand why water is not flowing through

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/20/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Remove the pressure wand from the hose, and attach the pressure hose tp the unit, and see if water comes out the open hose. The way the water is routed thru the manifold, water should flow thru, engine does not need to be running, water should always flow. If not the manifold in the pump is plugged with debris. I have found the manifolds plugged with mud wasp!