Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I want to talk to a lawn mower mechanic, I have no need to…

Customer Question
I want to talk to...
I want to talk to a lawn mower mechanic, I have no need to speak to a lawyer first
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/20/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

What is your question??

also make and model ,Please

Husqvarna Zero turn Mod# *****
I was mowing yesterday, hit a vine which shut down the mower. Turned off PTO, restarted and backed up. Lite smell of rubber. maybe burnt belt smell.. From that point on I noticed a lack of pulling power going forward. Checked all pullys on drive belt the seam to be moveing fine, no noise. Checked belt it looks fine and has no slack in it. let it cool for 4 hours. Started back up, barely moved forward. after about 2 minutes it started to move slowly. It turns left and right real well and moves very fast in those directions. Reverse seams to be fine as well. Just not forward

Thank you for that

What you are describing is a pulley shaft may have bent

and belt is riding on a angel, I would start there

also I am going to pull up the parts book and look

Mower deck pullys and belts are all working fine... just went out and looked. started mower. Blades ingage and work fine.. Mower moves very slow like a break is on in every direction now. checked emergence break it is disengaging..

OK, If that all good

the check the fan spinning on the trans and HYD Pump

checked both of those fans and pulleys as well as drive pulley and tention pulley they all seam to be working fine.
I am beginning to wonder if something went wrong with the clutch assembly.. and not sure how to check that

Hi

Also check #4 the rod , that it did not get bent

checked both you suggested neither seems to be in bind or bent
we don't seem to be getting any where.

HI

OK, Drive belt is good ??? Not deck belt

all pulleys are good , nothing is bent, not being there to see it

it is hard to say the issue

looks like I have already checked everything you have also suggested I do, hopeing for advice that would lead me to a repair. Where do we go from here

Hi

Unless something broke in the trans housing

funny part is good left/right and reverse

just not forward, that is still saying a linkage is bent slightly

have paid very close attention to all linkage on both sides as well as the pulleys. do you have any ideas of how to do any test to figure out problem. If not I guess I will have to take it to a shop to have it looked at to find out what the problem is.

Hi

The only test would be the pump test

but that is working good for L/R and reverse

I guess we have gone as far as we can?

Hi

Sorry to say, but yes

Technician: ,  replied 8 months ago
Phone call session started
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder