Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a KDE 6700TA Kipor generator, and is not starting

Hi, I have a KDE...
Hi, I have a KDE 6700TA Kipor generator, and is not starting anymore. It have power (new battery) but when I turn the key nothing happens
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 8 years and no problem with it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: In the first phase yes, if is something simple like a fuse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, that's all. I want to figure out if is a fuse or a contact or the starter
9/20/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Follow the positive battery cable direct to the starter solenoid/relay, and jump from the battery cable terminal, to the single switch terminal on the same solenoid. Engine should engage the starter and spin engine. This is test of battery, cables, solenoid and starter. I fit does spin engine, look for an inline fuse for the ignition system. The switch for start is not getting voltage.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Hi Curtis, problem solved. It was the inline fuse from the starter.

Thank you!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician