Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a zero turn deere stander and it mowed fine last week

Customer Question

I have a zero turn john deere stander and it mowed fine last week now it bogs down sporadically especialy when the blades are engaged. is this a fuel problem or something else
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today i bought the mower last week with 190hrs on it but ran fine last week
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2013 john deere 636m
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Twin cylinder Kawasaki engine. Run a cylinder test, Loosen the spark plug wires and with engine idling, remove one wire at a time. Engine should continue to run. If engine dies when either wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. With this engine check for spark on dead cylinder. If it has spark, check compression and if compression is same as other cylinder, remove the rocker cover and check the valves.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would it be a cylinder issue if it's starting for a bit then bogging down? It seems more of a gas issue to me
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It just is a starting point. And coil may only fail after it warms up. You may need to run test when it is acting up. But is something that should be checked. Cylinder not firing, is the most common cause of low power/ bogging down.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It fires up and runs fine when spraying it with starting fluid until that runs out so I think we can eliminate cylinder problems. It seems to not be getting fuel properly to me
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK< It has a pulse fuel pump and fuel filter, between tank and carburetor, is fuel being delivered to the carburetor? See link below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wont know till i mess with it tomorrow ill get back then
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thanks.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see question is still open.???