Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 12 hp briggs engene that throws gas out of

i have a 12 hp briggs engene that throws gas out of intake,has new flyweel key and good spark,but well not start

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

This is the older flat had engine, and may be a valve open. Can be stuck or damaged. The valve springs and lifters are behind the carburetor/exhaust , and are under the vent cover, where the hose to the air inlet goes to. # 8 in the parts list below.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
right i changed the head gasket,cleaned carbon off,valves and the springs on valves look good,,when it turnes over seens it pushes out intake.think valve seat bad or just valve,i had intake valve out but looks good. also plug is always dry

Did you check the valve clearance? .006 inch is ideal, but if it has only clearance it will work, but zero will not! Valve not beening closed, would cause the fuel to blow out carburetor.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
i well check this tomorrow,but i think ok,i to think its in valves,i well pull head and look closer,so for now thanks,if i have to get back is it ok

Sure, but sounds like a valve is open, or not seating.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I check valve no clearance looks like problem.thanks

Thank you!