Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My cub cadet XT1 with Kohler 7000 series engine (without

blue tooth technology) stalls a...
my cub cadet XT1 with Kohler 7000 series engine (without blue tooth technology) stalls a lot, it has 22 hours on it. all fuel replaced with fresh fuel, fuel filter replaced, monitor indicates cln air filter. air filter in new shape. Is not overheating. Purchased this new left over model from Home Depot on 10/02/2016.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: again purchased new left over model from Home Depot on 10/02/2016 and that is the only work it has ever done (mowing lawn.)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, just need to know what may be wrong. was hoping this is a common problem with a known cure.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: non that I can think of.
9/19/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You say stalls a lot? Engine dies? How long before it will restart? Is t low on power when mowing?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
not low on power, restarts are never the same, sometimes very quick other times slower and with loss of initial start power until up to regular rpm speed. some times when it is stalling if you choke it it will regain rpm but not for long, hence the fuel and fuel filter replacement. Also if it sits for a while (overnight) restart is fast and will run for a while before acting up again. This is a garage kept machine in a dry area, high ceiling.
Phone call session started

Thanks, ***** ***** problem is the fuel solenoid in the carburetor!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician