Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need to find out how to remove the gas tank from the

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find out how to remove the gas tank from the Briggs and Stratton engine located on my Poulan Pro Tiller. The engine model #I is(###) ###-####E1

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the tiller? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Customer:(###) ###-####E1; age ? ( sometime in this century)

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Tank is held on to engine with bolts in the tank mounting ears. Turn off gas, remove the fuel line, remove the mounting bolts, being it i son a generator, other sheet metal may have to come off to get tank out. See parts list below.

Curtis, Thank you for responding to my question; however I believe there may be some miscommunication. The engine is located on a Poulan Pro Rotor Tiller, not a generator. The reason I want to remove the gas tank is I can flush the tank and fuel line due to possibly having rust and sediment it them.

OK, the engine is also used on a generator, and with all the Irma hurricane generators coming on with problems. I was assuming! But fuel tank mounts the same.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?