Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generator keeps shutting down on low coolant/high

Customer Question
Generator keeps shutting down...

Generator keeps shutting down on low coolant/high temperature within 20 seconds of start up and coolant levels are good and coolant is not hot

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Don't have model number with me but is about a 15KW and about 10 years old runs on propane

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have a call into tech that installed it but haven't heard back so with pending storm coming will try and fix problem myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
also pulled thermostat and seems to be functioning normal
9/19/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

To be able to help, I am going to need the brand, model and serial numbers.

Not all gensets are created equal.

Dont have model and serial number with me. its a generac 15kw about 10 years old

That doesn't help. I need the model and serial number. i have to know exactly which unit this is.

You can just get them to me when you are able.

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago

Did you get the model and serial numbers yet?