Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How r u? I believe someone has interfered with my bike. as…

Customer Question
Hi how r u...

Hi how r u? I believe someone has interfered with my bike. as soon as I plug in new solenoid u can hear the battery literally frying inside. do u think someone has put salt in my battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do. I initially had a solenoid problem which I have bought a new one. When I went to replace it today I noticed my bike had been touched.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

So after the battery frying inside I went and bought a new battery and am currently trying to charge this battery with not much success. What could they have done to stop this battery charging pl`?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Can someone pl help me thank you Ricci
9/19/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what type of bike is this , Make and model ,Please

`hi Wayne,
its a Kawasaki vn250 eliminator
hi $34 is too pricey for me sorry. Can we try and fix here please

HI

I myself don't do phone calls, That is JA robot

yes we will work from here

OK

so when you try to crank over, the battery fries in side??

sorry u missed all the beginning. `I had to replace the solenoid and when I did and connected it u could hear the battery frying. I think someone has placed salt in it , is this a possibility
hello
Can someone pl read from the start and try to help me pl
thank you Ricci

HI

I work with several customers at a time

I have to take them as they come in, that is why the delay at times

what solenoid did you replace , Starter ??

why won't the new battery charge , are you doing it on a bench ??

Hi Wayne,
Can you pl read my questions from the start. I think someone has interfered with my bike!!!!
starter solenoid needed replacing - this is a separate issue to the someone touching my bike

HI

I did read it twice, but it is confusing

you replace the battery, but you say new won't charge ??

how are you charging it

Sorry not sure why its confusing. how about I start again.1. solenoid needs replacing
2. somebody interferes with my bike trying to damage it I believe
3. buy starter solenoid, replace and when connecting battery I could hear a frying sound.
4. buy new battery as I believe the last one had been tampered with
5. trying to charge battery with a battery charger ( a very good one)
6. having trouble getting it to chargea) can u tell me what would make my battery fry pl?
b)what can be done to tamper with wiring of someones bike , that would cause these problems pl?

HI

Now that is clear

OK 1st charge the battery with cables off of it

then hook cables up and see if you get a spark when touching cable to battery

if you do , You have a short in the system

Thankyou. So how does a short in the system occur

Hi

OK, a short can be the starter , can be the alternator,

rubbed bare wire ,touching ground

once you get the battery charged, remove the

battery wire form starter,alt, see if it sparks when the battery is hooked up

if no, then touch the wires you removed from alt,starter see if they arc

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time