Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am a having a brand new hyndai generator, after running…

I am a having...

I am a having a brand new hyndai generator , after running one hour the rpm varies and it stops

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Yes its hyandai hhy6800 fe it is only one week old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I found the governor arm is moving back and front and it stops , my oil level is little high

9/19/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Anytime the governor arm starts moving and engine dies, the engine is starving for fuel. Check the fuel supply from the tank, to the carburetor. You may have trash in tank, or the outlet line, or fuel filter may be plugged with water or debris from tank.

i wonder why it is happening after one hour of generator running and it is brand new one ?

Accumulation of debris as it runs, and that makes me think there is debris in tank.

my oil level is high does it foul the spark plug ?

Does engine start smoking? Do you find plug fouled? How long after it quits will it restart?

i cannot restart it immediately may be couple of hour later i can restart it , no excess smoke , spark plug i never checked it , it sounds like some starvation either from fuel line or air cleaner ?

If it will not restart, take a spare spark plug and when it quits, remove spark plug wire, attach it to the spare spark plug, and with the spark plug grounded, see if it has spark when cranking. If not spark, the ignition oil is failing. If it has spark, problem is the fuel supply.

ok i will check , i could not understand why it is stopping after one hour , the starting and running is smooth , i will start with fuel line and update you tomorrow

OK>

i hope that there is nothing wrong in the engine or governor side

No ,it is external, not an internal problem.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
ok , Thank you very much , i will get back to you

OK> Thanks.