Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generac generator lp modelserial 4793861. My

Customer Question
I have a generac generator...
I have a generac generator lp model(###) ###-####serial(###) ###-####
My battery does not charge, I put a new battery and it was gone in a few weeks. I think is the battery charger 0a1801. Is that correct?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/19/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
this would be correct.
You can testing voltage at the battery while machine is running but being as your battery is dead and it was new you pretty much know it is not charging
Is this part basically like an alternator on a car, no alternator on this engines?
Is the part number correct, and can u tell me where is located?
Part number changes to 0A18010SRV .
Can you please tell me where this part is located?
Normally mounted to the engine or behind the control panel