Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Got a 25 horse kohler with miss fire problems. two weeks. I…

Got a 25 horse...

Got a 25 horse kohler with miss fire problems.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two weeks. I think it has something to do with the spark advance module

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a kit that will replace or bypass the spark advance module that is obsolete

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Yes, there is a kit, it is two new coils, and wire harness, that eliminates the spark advance module. What is your full engine modle number?

Model CH 25 S. Spec. # 68583 Serial #(###) ###-####

This is the number that you need. Google the number and look for best price. Kohler Part # 24755308S ASAM Ignition Conversion Kit 24 755 308-S

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you. This engine was miss firing, running on one cylinder or the other at different times and different throttle positions. Spark tester showed spark at all times but probably not at the right time. Hope this is the cure.

Yes, common problem with this engine, and the two new coils, eliminating the spark advance nodule will fix it! Thanks!