Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The engine works fine but can't adjust mower ground speed.

Customer Question
The engine works fine...

The engine works fine but can't adjust mower ground speed. Stays full speed ahead all the time. help! Model HRR216VLA

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Honda HRR216VLA Brand new out the box today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Who do I contact if not you guys?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/18/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Mower has the smart control for drive, Page 8 in the owners manual shows the operation and how to adjust , if needed. You want to gradually push the control forward, to desired speed. Manual is attached below if you need it.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago

I see question is still open, did you see my response?

Is the Smart drive working? It should allow you to control speed from slow to fast?