Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Koehler 22 hp engine on my mower. Was working great…

Customer Question
I have a Koehler...

I have a Koehler 22 hp engine on my mower. Was working great and when I turned it off and later tried to restart, it would not even crank. I tried charging the battery and the engine still would not crank. I checked the battery with a voltmeter and it shows 14.3 volts. I then put my charger on 200 amp engine start mode and the mower cranked over and started. Although it didn't sound like it was getting full rpm. When I removed the charger the engine died. I can restart it, but only with the 200 amp mode on my charger and when I shut off the charger or remove the cable clamps from the batter the engine dies.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Tank is full. valve is open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/18/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

ok

do you have working lights on this machine? what model machine is this?

I have lights and the battery is charged, or was charged last night when this began. The engine is a Koehler Commander 22 hp horizontal shaft on a TS-22 Zipper 74" front deck mower. The engine is full of oil, gas, and all other liquids. The hydrostatic drive train works fine, the mower deck works fine, the running lights and oil light come on with the ignition on.
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. My name is***** you still in need of assistance?