Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I don't have an engine problem - it runs great. The problem…

Customer Question
I don't have an...

I don't have an engine problem - it runs great. The problem is with the front wheels. The right tire is pointing out when the left front is straight. It makes it extremely difficult to control and to make turns. What can I do? I bought the tractor in April of this year - Poulenc pro 42" 19 horse power.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I bought it from Home Depot in Aiken SC - new. I can look at the sales slip and tell you for sure, but I believe it was April. Yes I have been struggling with this the last 2 times I used it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple fix - I can do it. At this point I just want the problem resolved.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so - I have the tractor in the yard with the right front tire off. I was trying to determine if the axel was bent or if there was a visible problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/18/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

normally this is caused by a bend drag link, and or a bent wheel spindle. what model / product of mower is this? model / product is normally under the seat of the machine

Poulan pro pp19a42
I prefer not having to pay more money.

f​ollow the link provided and look at #5 and #62. These are the most common issues.

I am not able to tell which is your issue as I cannot see them, but can look if you can upload pics.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/poulan/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/pp19a42-96046007800-poulan-pro-lawn-tractor-2015-09/steering/