Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generac gp series that won't start. the gas is

Customer Question
I have a generac...

I have a generac gp series that won't start. the gas is fresh the swit are turned on properly. It ran about 3 months ago and has been ith garage ever since

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to all. The onlything I haven' checked is the spark plug. I can not find it don't laugh.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes to a point

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/19/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Have you checked to see if you are getting spark to the plug(s)?