Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Simplicity Coronet riding mower. It starts and runs…

Customer Question
I have a Simplicity...

I have a Simplicity Coronet riding mower. It starts and runs for about five minutes...then suddenly stops. I have drained the tank and added both dry gas and new fuel in case the old gasoline had gone bad. Still the same problem. Suggestions as to what to try next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes. I have fresh fuel in the tank and the shut-off valve is open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how difficult it will be. I have dealer to go to, but he is rather expensive.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, other than to emphasize it starts fine and runs well for about five minutes and then suddenly stops for no obvious reason.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/18/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

once the machine stops, can you restart it right away, or do you have to wait?