Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Ok here we go,,i have a 2000 ezgo golfcart gas 2cyl robin…

Customer Question
Ok here we go,,i...

Ok here we go,,i have a 2000 ezgo golfcart gas 2cyl robin engine.i rode it one day and parked it.cnt remember if it back fired whn I stoped or wht.well any way I went to ride and it would just spin thnstart spit and sputter.i could take the sparkplug wire of the one closest to passanger side and tht cylndr would work and it would run fine plug the other wire bk to and it would stsrt doing the same thing just chug a lil now and thn.I can take it bk off get it running wide open and put the plug wire bk on it and after lil while it would start working running fine.just whn I take foot off gas peddle and push it again it would start bk chugging again. I put new plugs in it and still does the same thing.i took tht plug to see if it is firing and it is good spark.put it bk in still chugging.if I let it get to top rpm it will eventually start firing an run fine let off thn start bk chugging.its just tht one side of coil.it driving me crazy..

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did a complete tune up on it and i was wondering it may have jumped time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
anything yet
9/18/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engine does have a timing belt, I will link it below. But have you checked the valves for clearance?

I see question is still open , did you find belt out of time?