Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a wire harness under the hood that I am trying to…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a wire harness under the hood that I am trying to figure out where to connect to on a husgavarna riding. There is a place to connect horizontally and one vertically

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Replacing the throttle cable, so far just this weekend

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I started with replacing the clutch engagement cable, took the entire dash off the mower including the steering column, the steering column is back together except the wheel and clutch engagement cable

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

No, I removed the fuel tank and emptied it into other containers

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/17/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Do you have the model numbers for your mower? I would like to check for a wiring diagram. Thanks!

Its a YTH 2042

Thank you for this information. I will check for a wiring diagram.

Thank you Donald, I appreciate the help on this

You are very welcome! Under your seat there are some numbers that begin with a 9 ... These numbers are specifically for your mower.

I now have the correct wiring diagram. What color are the wires in the connectors you are inquiring about?

blue and black, one horizontal connection and one vertical

Does your mower have a hour meter?

no it does not, I think this may have been attached to the underside of the throttle connection, but there is no logic for it.

Ok, I will check again ...

Do you know if that connector was previously attached to something?

I believe it was, but I was waiting on the throttle cable for about a week and a half. it is possible it was just secured in the clutch engagement framing under the steering column

Some YTH 2042 mowers have an optional hour meter and some does not. I do believe this is an auxiliary connector in place, in case you add an hour meter. Based upon your wiring diagram, only the hour meter would have a connector with a Blue wire and a Black wire.

I would just secure these wires and continue with your repairs.

Thank you Donald, I will attempt to secure it under the hood but will not worry about the connections then. I appreciate your time! Enjoy the rest of you Sunday!

Awesome! You are very welcome! I do hope all goes well for you.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.