Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have exl 8000 it will not turn over by ecect start. Have but…

Customer Question
Have exl 8000 it...

Have exl 8000 it will not turn over by ecect start. Have but in new battery changed oil and filter cleaned gas tank am at lost

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes new fuel. it just clicks when you press start botton

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Am good at auto and other things depends what is needed

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/17/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the actual model number of the genset?
Is this a single click as you press the start button, or a continuous rapid clicking?
the Generac #(###) ###-####the briggs #030244 rev no 01 a single click
had rather do this on line where I can print it out I am a 100% disabled vet with one arm right now and need the time to read the generator will start by pulling the start line
if this is not going to work for you please let me lnow
it will work.
The problem is I am at work right now.
I work 2 day jobs, and normally help on Just Answer in the evenings.
But when things are going good at work, I can usually take a few questions at work.
Things were going good a lottle while ago, but it has hit the fan. I am trying, but I may be too busy until this evening.
In the meantime, use a meter to measure battery voltage, both while sitting, and while pressing the start button.
Then test the voltage coming out of the starter solenoid while pressing the start button.
What are these 3 voltages?
I will get back to you as soon as I can.
thanks will check
Ok
It's starting to drizzle here will try and check everything in the morning anything else you can send me to check on I will

Not until we know what kind of voltage we are getting.

Ok will let you know as soon as I can get it

Ok

Did you get the voltages checked yet?

I did it was a little over 3 but now I'm at the VA in the hospital hopefully to be out by Monday thanks

Ok. I am actually on my way to Texas right now for a hunting trip. I won't be home until Monday night. Get better soon. I'm always glad to help a fellow vet

Have a good hunting trip
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago

I"m back home now, and just checking in.

Hope you are doing better?

Are you ready to continue, or do you need more time?

no so far I have been charged so far I have been charged 46.00 and must stop

You need to contact Customer Service about billing questions. I am just a technician.