Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

If the oil pressure sensor is leaking, will it shut down…

Customer Question
If the oil pressure...

If the oil pressure sensor is leaking, will it shut down engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

It is older but we have had no trouble b4. it is 103-15 r871

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It wiil run for several hours then shut off. it has a visible leak and is dripping oil. where would we find parts in 32656 area code

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/17/2017
Technician: EricFromCT,
 replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT

It is possible for the engine to shut off if the oil pressure switch is leaking. If the switch is leaking a lot of times it ruins the contacts that are inside the switch and causes a reading of zero. Then the engine shuts down. Just make sure the leak is not making the engine oil too low and that is why it shuts off.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Click here for an example of how to rate . Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

Technician: EricFromCT,
 replied 11 months ago

Hi. Just checking in to see how you are doing and if you have made progress or need more info. If so just respond back. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

Technician: EricFromCT,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer