Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda ebook 7000i runs but shuts down when load is…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda ebook 7000i runs but shuts down when load is connected ted.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Aboutique 5 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have cleaned the carburetor, flushed the gas tank and changed the plug.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Should be Honda EB7000I
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

When it shuts down, do either of the LEDs come on?

Is there an error code showing on the iMonitor?

I will have to check and follow up.
Ok. Just be advised that I am at work today. I work 2 day jobs, and help on Just Answer in the evenings.

The I monitor show with 1 and 20. No error code. I can be reached on ***************

Are you available?

I am not sure what you are seeing on the iMonitor.

Is that E20?

Also, do any of the LEDs come on when the genset shuts down?

The monitor has the #1 in one window and the # 20 in the other. No LED'Sare visible post shut down.

Then that 20 is most likely the run time indicator - the unit only has 20 hours on it?

If the unit is shutting down under load, but no errors are showing, you have a fuel issue. The carb is not flowing enough gas to allow the engine to develop full horsepower.

You will need to clean or replace the carb.

The carburator was submerged in an ultrasonic machine for (2) hours yesterday. Are there any carburator adjustments prior to purchasing a new one?

No, there are no adjustments.