Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am just returning home from Irma. Does the light indicate…

Customer Question
I am just returning...

I am just returning home from Irma. Does the green light indicate that my standby generator worked while I was away? Someone checked my home and said the generator was working and then came by later and could not get the garage door open and the generator was not running. The green light on the side was still on. How can I check to see if it is indeed in standby mode?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac Guardian Series 22kw , 9 mo. old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The green light means that the genset is in standby mode, and is ready to run.

Since it is in standby, but not running, it means that there is utility power available in your home.

If you have power in your home, but the garage door is not opening, you either have a tripped breaker inside your home, or there is a problem with the garage door opener.