Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a2007 deere x320 with a 22 hp Kawasaki motor

Customer Question
I have a2007 john...

I have a2007 john deere x320 with a 22 hp Kawasaki motor (fh661v). I replaced the crankshaft, and after getting it back together, I'm having throttle issues. Motor starts and seems to idle fine, but if I give it throttle the engine races and I have to push down on the linkage between the idle screw and governor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/17/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is the governor working, giving you a push/pull from it when you run throttle by hand? If not , governor may not have gone back together as it should!

No, it seems that I have no real throttle control. Do you mean the working part of the governor inside the crankcase?

Yes, the inner parts .

Thank you for your help

Thank you! Please rate to close the question if you are satisfied.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago

I see question is still open, use the 5 star rating system on customer side to close the question!