Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2002 exmark lazer.with a CH26 Electronic fuel

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 exmark lazer.with a CH26 Electronic fuel injection.Model # LZ26KC604, Serial # 336201.I can get it started after replacing the fuel filter,and cleaning all the fuel lines and the switch between the tanks. After that didn't work I got a new ECU ,Brake switch.I can jump the seat switch and brake switch and get it to move but as soon as I engage the PTO it cuts out .Just wondering if you had any suggestions about what I could try next. Thanks Kenny.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes' I drained the tanks to clean all the lines and the switch to turn from the right tank and left.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've tried everything I know to fix it. Me and my brother had our own lawn company for years and always did all the matinence.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/17/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 11 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like you may have some air in the fuel line which will cause a lack of power and not enough fuel getting to the engine to keep it running under a load. The engine may start and run fine and you can even drive it around but when you engage the mower deck it is starving for fuel and dies.

Back on the fuel rail at the engine you will find a port that is actually made to check the fuel pressure but if you will turn the ignition switch to the on position and go back and depress the center core in the port and make certain that nothing is coming out of there except fuel(which basically bleeds all the air out of the fuel system), I believe that you will solve your running/performance problem.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.

It didn't work,I bleed the fuel system out and it still cuts out when I engage the PTO.