Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a echo ppf 210 pole saw that would start but as soon…

Customer Question
I have a echo...

I have a echo ppf 210 pole saw that would start but as soon as you gave it gas, it died. I though floats might be stuck in the carburetor. I replaced it this morning. Now, it starts fine and runs when gas is given but will not gain RPM's. Its almost like its choking itself out and bogs down. it will run for a while like this and then die. Also, there is a burning smell and a small amount of white smoke is coming from around the muffler. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Theres no shut off valve. It has new 50:1 fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/16/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Remove the exhaust and see if they muffler has carbon build-up.
Also check the screen in the muffler as Echoes are known for exhaust buildup
that would cause the symptoms I am experiencing? Did i waste $ on a new carburetor? :)
I havent taken a muffler apart before. Is it fairly straight forward.
Muffler is normally held in by 2-4 screws.
Does yours have a screen on it? This is the spark arrestor and it can become clogged.
How are the fuel lines and filter.
All of these things can cause your symptoms
Please cancel the the phone call. I will follow the suggestion above and get back with you if there are additional problems. Thank you.
No problem
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this
Jon, The muffler screen was fairly clear. I sprayed it with WD40 and dried it well. I put a new fuel filter and assembly in last year so I didnt replace it with the one that came with the carburetor. I just replaced it with the new one. Still having the same trouble. It will idle for ever but when you give it gas, it just bogs down. You have to feather it to get the chain to spin at all then it bogs down again. It doesn't die, just wont get off the couch.
Remove the muffles and see if the port is clear
i did. took the muffler all the way off. its clear.
I will opt out and see if another expert may be able to help you
Technician: ,  replied 11 months ago
Phone call session started