Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Generac model sd25/16471, serial no. 0774976

Customer Question
I have a Generac...

I have a Generac model sd25/16471, serial no.(###) ###-####diesel. Engine runs fine and was producing electricity. It has stopped making electricity. I bought it used and never got a manual and don't have schematics.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

All that I know is that it is old enough that when I type in the model or serisl no. on the Generac website it does not recognize either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I plan on doing the work myself. My first thought is the exciter or diode set, but it's hard to find the test points without the schematic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a 3 phase unit.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/15/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

do you have any codes ??

Are you referring to error codes? If so, this generator does not show any codes. There are only engine indicator lights, which are all showing normal with the engine running, an ammeter, voltmeter, and frequency meter. The frequency meter shows 60 hertz, and the ammeter and voltmeters show 0 on all phases.

Morning

I will look for a owner manual for you

what is the complete name/model; Generac Evolution

It is a Generac model sd25/16471
serial(###) ###-####3 phase
25 kwI don't see any other identifiers

Hi

That model does not show up in the system

here is support center contact them for a owners manual

click here

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne