Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generac pressure washer with Honda engine....runs one minute…

Customer Question
Generac pressure washer with...

Generac pressure washer with Honda engine....runs one minute and quits....restart is accomplished and then it quits..

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac model 01450-0 type 5280cp Honda GC160 engine over 10yrs old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.... I have had this problem for years....I just keep on restarting and finally it keeps going....but I would like to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The problem happens when it sits for a couple months.....once it starts running, it is not a problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/15/2017
Technician: TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you pulled the carb and checked for any debris yet?

I've had the carb off and it is clean. Sprayed it with Gumout and reinstalled. Problem continues. Runs about a minute...stutters and dies.

you pulled the bowl and jets ?

clean.This problem happens every time the thing sits for a few months. I just keep on restarting and eventually the thing runs continuously and the problem goes away until it is stored again. However, I want this fixed. This is a hassle.