Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a JD D300 with a Briggs engine. It has 90 hours on…

Customer Question
I have a JD...

I have a JD D300 with a Briggs engine. It has 90 hours on it. The flywheel gear ring and the stater ring are totally destroyed. Both are made of a composite material. Does Briggs have a replacement kit, made of metal. If the answer is no do you have a composite kit to repair the flywheel and if so what is the part number and cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

The engine is two years old and this is the first failure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have removed the bad parts and don't expect any problem replacing with new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If you can provide part numbers I think I can get it back together.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Do you have the model and type numbers for your engine?