Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Bought in ;08. Honda motor 3,000 psi. Started pulsing last…

Customer Question
Bought in ;08. Honda...

Bought in ;08. Honda motor 3,000 psi.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Started pulsing last time, squeezed wand and worked. This time same situation but now does not pick up. Accelerated motor and no problem ( new spark plug). Water comes out without sprayer end, changed sprayer ends ,nothing better. Is this an impellor issue or other?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes with additive motor runs

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes some what skilled

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/14/2017
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 11 months ago
350matt

hi

can you tell me what vehicle this engine is in ? as it sounds like its in a jet ski? is it a diesel ?

This is a Karcher 3,000 psi gas pressure washer
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 11 months ago

sorry I'll have to opt out

Ill open this back up to others

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

No pressure from the washer. Likely the pump unloader valve may be stuck. Look in parts list for your model, and find the unloader/spill valve, remove it and free it up, if you still have no pressure, I would consider replacing the pump, instead of a questionable repair. Parts are too expensive and too many times after replacing $150 worth of parts, pump still does not work! New pumps off Ebay are a few bucks more.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?