Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 3 yr old TB 675 EC Weedeater that just stopped

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 yr old TB 675 EC Weedeater that just stopped running while in use. There is plenty of gas in the tank, the oil is right where it should be.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have a 3yr old model TB 675 EC Weedeater. It stopped running while in use. I have checked the gas, there is plenty. I have checked the oil and it is fine. I checked the spark plug and it was not fouled. I cleaned the breather filter and it is clean. Following the instructions on starting the machine to the letter I find there is no compression. Do I have a valve problem or what do you suggest. The closest TB repair facility in Newark DE is over 50 miles from my home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I had a repair manual I would consider doing so

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why would is just quit while running? Shouldn't there be compression when I pull the starting cord?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/14/2017
Technician: kwiggins29059,
 replied 11 months ago
kwiggins29059

Hello, if it feels like there is no compression start by checking the valve adjustment. I'll post a link here, the model is similar to yours and clearances are the same. Let me know what you find and we can work further if needed