Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I cannot get the back of the slip clutch on my brushhog to

Customer Question

i cannot get the back of the slip clutch on my brushhog to come off the shaft going in to the gearbox. i removed the 2 bolts that fasten it to the shaft and it is loose but i still cant get it off i need it to come off in order so that i can replace the friction disc
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: a week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats all i can think of i contacted the mfg co but that didnt help the part seem to be hitting an obstruction on the shaft
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Over time the clutch part wears a ridge on the shaft. Take a hammer and knock it off, then use a file to file the ridge off, before reinstalling the slip clutch.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?