Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a Yamaha g22e golf cart that every so often as you are

Customer Question

have a Yamaha g22e golf cart that every so often as you are driving it just stops. you let up on the pedal and push it back down it takes off again but does it again a little later
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about a month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am a electrician, it seems that a relay or solenoid drops out and resets. been looking but cannot find it. then some days it runs great.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The main drive solenoid is dropping out, it can be just a bad solenoid, or it can be the foot switch, dropping the voltage to the solenoid. With it being intermittent, solenoid is the part that gives most problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In your opinion I should change the solenoid. Do you think the coil in there is getting weak
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, in my opinion , I would replace the solenoid, it is a wear item and needs to be replaced occasionally anyway, and it is cheaper than replacing the foot control!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 29 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?