Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I haveing a knocking in my clutch on my 2017 classic Dixie…

Customer Question
I haveing a knocking...

I haveing a knocking in my clutch on my 2017 classic Dixie chopper it looks like the drive belt might be a little loose. there seems to be an adjustment in moving the deck forward; not sure my book does nbot say.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since I have had it; a couple of months I am planning to take to the dealer, in the morning it is a long way. I have asked him, about before. I do not have a very good manual. He seems somewhat vague.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it only takes a little adjustment, it is still under warrenty. I'm afraid doing something that might nullify the warranty.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a new machine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
This Dixie Chopper is a lawn mower
It is a 50 inch cut rideing mower
THe classic model is an industrial mower
What do you mean by service offers?
9/14/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 11 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

is it the PTO clutch knocking noise??

it knocks when I put in gear, only then. the drive belt seems a little loose allowing the tension Idler pull bounce. the clutch has a some sort of a stop when it engages. I think the clutch is bouncing off the stop making the noise.
I understand in earlier models there was a chain stopping the clutch from spinning.

Thank you for that

I will look this up when I get back

I just was called out , but yes it sound like the clutch brake

It is a electric switch to engage.
Is the answer a bad clutch brake? I am going to the dealer in the morning and this will be our discussion
Are we finished?

Hi

I'm Back , sorry for the delay

Hi

Just looking in the parts book

sounds like the clutch bracket is loose

You were no help. I talked to the dealer it is normal for this machine. a spring is used for an belt adjustment instead of a manual adjustment. saving bearings.

Morning

Sorry I was no help

but glad you have it going