Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have 48v club cart with 8- 6 volt batteries, 6 of which

Customer Question

i have 48v club cart with 8- 6 volt batteries, 6 of which are trojans. cart loses charge when sitting several hours and then will only go up hills very slowly. i need help isolating my problem. i know how to use a multimeter. cart has an integral 48v charger, and when fully and recently charged will run well for over an hour, but after sitting for hours, stalls out quickly. i appreciate any ideas, especially about testing proceedure. thanks, c.r.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: i bought this used a few months ago. since then
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can. it's a problem for me to transport the cart to a shop.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 2 of the 8 6v. batteries are different and appear to be older.they may be the problem bugt i don't know.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

One bad battery affects the whole pack. Test each battery for voltage.

one battery will affect the whole pack. Just like a chain, it is the weakest link. Check each battery for proper voltage, when fully charged, and after it loses power.

Voltage with a 6 volt battery, fully charged, will be around 6.5 volts. Check voltage on each battery when charged and after the cart loses power. Very likley it is a bad battery or connection.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?