Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

The spark plug hole has been stripped what do we do to

Customer Question
repair JA: I'll do all I...
the spark plug hole has been stripped what do we do to repair
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just done today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we are in south fla and need it to work yesterday
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/14/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 3 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Pretty much only 2 things can be done.
You can purchase a new cylinder head or....Buy a helicoil and tap the hole to install a new plug.
Most autoparts stores have these sets. Just tell them what happened and they will know what you need.You can try to just screw it in now that it's messed up and sometimes they will hold but can't say how long if so.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this.
I strive for a 5 star rating and I will help any way that I can
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician