Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Generac generator has been running 2 days and suddenly died…

Customer Question
Generac generator has been...

Generac generator has been running 2 days and suddenly died its has been 4 hours pass engine cooled already every time try to manually turn on "high temp" should field refilled already

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

House built in 2004 it is generac power system volt 120/240 amps 125/62.5 model OE6219 generac ohvi engines

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible hard to find someone to do it with the hurricane Irma hit us here in flordia

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all trying to figure why it wouldn't start

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Is it cranking but just not starting, or is it not even cranking?