Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Troy bolt riding mower 17.5 HP 5500, Sorry hit the…

Customer Question
I have a Troy...

I have a Troy bolt riding mower 17.5 HP 5500

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Sorry hit the wrong button,it's a 17.5 HP 500 cc Troy bolt r

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Troy bilt 17.5 , 500cc pony riding mower. I turn the key several times before it makes contact to crank up. Problem got progressively worse and won't even make contact to crank. When it does crank it runs great

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all. What could I do to check

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

sounds like you need a new starter solenoid.

Follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR