JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Troy bolt riding mower 17.5 HP 5500, Sorry hit the

Customer Question

I have a Troy bolt riding mower 17.5 HP 5500
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sorry hit the wrong button,it's a 17.5 HP 500 cc Troy bolt r
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Troy bilt 17.5 , 500cc pony riding mower. I turn the key several times before it makes contact to crank up. Problem got progressively worse and won't even make contact to crank. When it does crank it runs great
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all. What could I do to check
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Expert:  JON replied 1 month ago.

sounds like you need a new starter solenoid.

Follow the red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR