JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Second opinion] I have a Power Back Generator GT5250-1 with

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a Power Back Generator GT5250-1 with a Tecumseh 10 hp engine. It will only start (briefly) if I use starter fluid. I have cleaned the carb, replaced the spark plug, put in new oil and gas. Did everything as before, only it will not turn over unless I use starter fluid.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Did you clean all of the small holes in the bolt/nut that holds the carburetor bowl on? If not this is where you will find the problem to be. There are at least three holes that serve as jets and possibly four in the bolt/nut that holds the carburetor bowl on. Make certain that these are all clean and have nothing blocking them.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.