Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a 3.5 091202 1017 E1 engine. I put a carb rebuild kit…

Customer Question
Have a 3.5...

Have a 3.5 091202 1017 E1 engine. I put a carb rebuild kit on it. now when I start it full choke I let it run approx. 1 minute then I slowly pull the lever to run and the engine bogs down snd stops running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

They have all been cleaned during the rebuild

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I thought a simple carb rebuild would be a no brainer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is two different diagrams for this engine. my code # for this engine is 03063YA

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Will the machine to continue to run on choke if left there?

If the machine will run on choke but not as normal, there is still something clogging a carb jet. I would recommend re cleaning the carb and using a small wire such as a bread tie to run through all the jets (mainly the center jet) and using an air compressor to blow through them also. If you have a container you can fill with carb cleaner and let the carb soak for a few hours, this will be good too.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

the engine continues to run on full choke
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I see you requested a new expert

I will help you with this

I have rebuilt carbs many years , the best way to clean them

before rebuild, disassemble complete, and boil out in a pot of hot water

for 10-15 minutes , air dry and rebuild , this will clear the clog in the jets

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder