Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have the MTD/Craftsman R1000 rear engine riding mower.

Customer Question

I have the MTD/Craftsman R1000 rear engine riding mower. There is nothing in the manual on how to adjust the mower deck left to right. Is there any way to do this? Yes, I hit the L deck side and the deck is now too low on the L. Thanks
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2015 or 16 Craftsman R1000 ###-##-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I'm very handy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You have bought a bottom of the line mower, and there is no adjustment , side to side on the deck. You likley have bent the deck, and you may be able to bend the left side up, using a bar between deck and ground. You may have to put deck on block, and hit the tractor frame where deck mounts, to get ti to bend.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already did that with only minor results.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm going to add deck wheel at least on the left side.
Thanks anyhow.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

That will help, thanks. Please rate to close the question.