Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generator with a Briggs & Stratton Engine, m/n:

Customer Question
I have a generator...

I have a generator with a Briggs & Stratton Engine, m/n: 18542, type: 0242E1, code: 98102849. I left GAS in the carberator the last time that I ran it. Now it will nt start, I think the carberator needs to be cleaned. can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I have drained the old gas and replaced it with fresh gas. The shut off valve is open, the on-off switch is in the on position. Gas is in carberator bowl. When I try to start it will run as long as the starting fluid last.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you have a video that shows this particuler carburator being cleaned?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
You will want to remove the carburetor and use carburetor cleaner to clean it. Make sure to clean the sinner jitt of the carburetor as this is the main jet of this machine. Use a small wire to run through the Jets if you have one or use an air compressor to blow through them.
Me personally I use youtube.com to search for visuals as there are many videos there that will help you see how this is done.
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. I strive for a 5 star rating.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and answer all questions in a timely manner and to the best of my abilities.
If you need anything else please let me know before you rate me or if you decide you need anything else after you rate me please let me know