Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My honda mower is running and fouling my spark plugs, Gcv160…

Customer Question
My honda mower is...

My honda mower is running rich and fouling my spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Gcv160 4 yrs old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's easy enough

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Have you noticed if black smoke is coming from your muffler? Have you checked your air filter?

Black smoke when it starts and stops. Air filter is clean

Thanks for your response. It is very likely that your carburetor is loading up.

You will need to either clean or replace your carburetor. Carburetors are very inexpensive for your engine.

We can continue from here. Thanks!

Ok I'll check out a new

Awesome! I believe you are making the best decision.

Thank you again for choosing Just Answer. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to let me know, and I will be happy to continue working with you, until our problem is resolved. There is a link in your email that you can click on, if or when you need to return to our discussion page.

My goal is to always offer total satisfaction. If you feel that my services have been helpful to you, please take a moment to rate my services.

Thank you

You are very welcome! I do hope all goes well for you.