Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a PH3100 which I purchased 3 years ago and using it

Customer Question

I have a PH3100 which I purchased 3 years ago and using it today on the 20 amp receptacle it continually popped the reset button, I was trying to run a shop vac on it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the first time that I have experienced this problem, I don't use the generator very often but like to run it up at least once a month for about 30 minutes with an electrical device connected
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Powerhouse 3100 and I purchased it in 2015
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a licensed mechanic and should hopefully be able to rectify the problem if I find that I Cant I will take it to a shop
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats about it for the issues, when we first got the unit I had to send it back for a carb as the original one didn't choke on start up and I had to choke it manually. Could it be the throttle is set too low. however I have been using it occasionally on 30 and 20 amp receptacles with no issues until now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check the voltage at the outlet plugs. Do you have 120 volts? If less, bring rpm up until you do.