Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a toro z master 48" that had a defective battery. I

Customer Question

I have a toro z master 48" that had a defective battery. I changed the battery and have checked all wiring and now it seems all the safety devices are keeping me from mowing etc. first issue is the mower will start and run and the pto is working and i can move at 1 mph with blades turning well. if I try to accellerate the engine wants to die so i throttle back and keep mowing very very slow. I have bypassed the seat and hand brake switches to get this far
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: New fuel and no shut off valve on this mower
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes because it is 5 weeks before they can get it in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Should I try belt replacement
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 month ago.

Have you checked to see if the idler pulley that keeps your drive belt tight, is worn or partially seizing? We can continue from here.