Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2.8 micro light onan on a class c r.v. and when I

Customer Question

i have a 2.8 micro light onan on a class c r.v. and when I push start button it will start and when I let off button it dies. and same thing on remote button
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: it runs on same tank as r.v. and it was in shop at cummins for carb rebuild and oil change ,new plug ,new fuel filter and air filter it ran 1 time after I got it back
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is only a part to replace yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: in changed the panel board and still to same
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The most common cause of this is that the genset is no longer producing power.

Connect a voltmeter to the output leads of the genset, and press and hold the start button to keep the engine running for a few seconds.

How much voltage is it producing?

Also, what is the full model number of the genset? There are several variations of the 2.8 KV series.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the model is 2.8kvfr2600e and problem is not the out put voltage. the engine will run with start button pushed and when I let off the button it dies and it does the same thing on the remote start button
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

And that is exactly what it will do if it is not putting out any electricity.

The first thing we need to check is to see the low or no voltage is what is shutting it down.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will have to do this tomorrow as this unit is not at this location. thanks larry
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

No problem.

I am online almost every day, mostly in the evenings.

Just let me know when you are able.