Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My onan 6000 is installed in a View RV. I have to crank it…

Customer Question
My onan 6000 is...

My onan 6000 is installed in a View RV. I have to crank it at least three times, with a rest in between, and it will eventually start but after a 10-15 second interval it will stall out. Then when I crank it again it will start and stay on. But just now I finally got it started twice but it shut down both times. The red light inside is blinking three times indicating "service required". What do you think of the symptoms?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It's propane and the tank is 1/3 full. I had it running for a time yesterday so nothing has changed since then except the problem is getting worse. How do you tell if propane is clean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it's simple.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything. I would like to have some idea of what could be wrong before I go see someone.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/13/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?