Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My onan 6000 is installed in a View RV. I have to crank it

Customer Question

My onan 6000 is installed in a View RV. I have to crank it at least three times, with a rest in between, and it will eventually start but after a 10-15 second interval it will stall out. Then when I crank it again it will start and stay on. But just now I finally got it started twice but it shut down both times. The red light inside is blinking three times indicating "service required". What do you think of the symptoms?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: It's propane and the tank is 1/3 full. I had it running for a time yesterday so nothing has changed since then except the problem is getting worse. How do you tell if propane is clean?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it's simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything. I would like to have some idea of what could be wrong before I go see someone.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?