Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an old Craftsman Power Washer, model #919.762350. For

I have an old Craftsman Power Washer, model #919.762350. For whatever reason, the soaker pump does not want to work. The pressure washer works fine. Your thoghts?
JA: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Craftsman. Model No###-##-#### Approx. 19 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Pressure washer works fine. Soaker pump not working as it does not suck fluid from the container.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Where the sucker hose connects to the pump, is a check valve. Check valve has to open for soap to be sucked in. Locate the check valve and free it up or replace it. see link below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The parts needed are too expensive. Thanks for your assistance.

Yes, many times it is better to buy a new pump than it is to replace the parts, and wonder if it will work after you are done!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No thanks

Thank you!