Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I HAVE A MODEL185432 TYPE 0271E1 DEVILBISS GBVF 5000

I HAVE A MODEL185432 TYPE 0271E1 DEVILBISS GBVF 5000 GENERATOR. IT WAS NOT CRANKED FOR APPROX.1YEAR , NO FUEL WAS LEFT IN THE TANK. I CHANGED THE OIL AND PUT CLEAN GAS IN AND IT CRANKED ON THE SECOND PULL . PROBLEM
JA: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: THE PROBLEM IS IT RUNS ON FULL CHOKE ONLY. IT WILL DIE WHEN CHOKE IS MOVED TO NORMAL POSITION. IT RUNS LIKE A TOP, WHATS WRONG AND HOW DO I CORRECT IT . IT IS 10 TO 12 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: DO NOT THINK SO

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The main jet in the carburetor is plugged and needs to be cleaned with carburetor cleaner. The main jet is the bowl bolt and the passage it screws into.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have not had time to work on it --------- will rate your service later---thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be happy to reply after I try your suggestion this weekend.

Thanks for the reply!