Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My systems motor is running but after 24 hours the motor…

Customer Question
My systems motor is...

My systems motor is running but after 24 hours the motor continued but was not transfering the power to house

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Im to retarded and a major fer of electicity

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Again it ran fine for 24 hours and then stop putting the power to the house

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
9/14/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 11 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the brand, model and serial number of the genset?

Have you checked the circuit breakers on the genset?

Have you checked to see if the transfer switch is still in the standby position?

the circuit breakers seem fine I could not find a model number but it is a 16KW generator

There is a model and serial number. It is usually located inside the genset, on the wall to the right of the engine.

Generac has many different types of control systems - I have to know which one you have.

The serial number is(###) ###-####
The model is(###) ###-####amps 130-65
watts 16000

That is what I needed - thanks!

The first thing we need to do is to check and see if the problem is that the genset is not putting out any power, or if the problem lies elsewhere.

Shut the circuit breakers on the genset to OFF.

Connect a meter across the input side of both breakers, and start the genset.

How much voltage is it reading?

Have you checked the voltage yet?

do not have the equipment or the know how

Ok